The Robert C. Williams Paper Museum is an internationally renowned resource on the history of paper and paper technology. In addition to more than 2,000 books, the Museum features a remarkable collection of over 10,000 watermarks, papers, tools, machines, and manuscripts.
Founded in 1939, and originally housed at the Massachusetts Insitute of Technology, the collection was begun by Dard Hunter. After moving to the Institute of Paper Chemistry (now the Renewable Bioproducts Institute at Georgia Tech) in 1954, the museum continued to grow and collect papermaking artifacts under the curatorial care of Hunter. The museum became part of Georgia Tech in 2003.
Museum collections include Dard Hunter's personal copies of his books, extensive works by paper historian Harrison Elliott, the photographic collection of the Institute of Paper Chemistry, and image archive of the Journal of Hand Papermaking.