Museum Announces Reopening Plans
The Robert C. Williams Museum of Papermaking plans to reopen to the public on Monday, August 17, 2020.
Museum visitors will need to reserve a free timeslot in advance through the Paper Museum’s website. A maximum capacity in the museum at any time will be 12 visitors. Visits may be booked for 9:30, 11:00, 12:30, 2:00, or 3:30, Monday through Friday. School and group bookings should contact Education Curator Anna Doll at 404-894-7840 or Anna.Doll@rbi.gatech.edu to discuss options.
The Paper Museum is observing guidelines from Georgia Tech, the Georgia Department of Public Health, and the American Alliance of Museums:
· Museum capacity is capped at 12 visitors at any time
· Visitors should observe physical distancing while in the museum (maintain a 6’ distance from others)
· Wearing of masks or other appropriate face coverings is required
· Regular cleaning of public and high-touch areas
· Hand sanitizer is available at the front desk
· Adjusted opening hours to accommodate cleaning procedures
· Visitors without reservations will be accommodated as availability allows
At this time in-person workshops and tours are suspended. Virtual workshops are being offered, and can be found on the website.
For questions or more information, please contact Virginia Howell, Museum Director, at 404-894-5726 or Virginia.Howell@rbi.gatech.edu
Photograph courtesy of Georgia Tech Institute Communications